Firm News

The Presidential Silver Tower Order of Industrial Service Merit

We are pleased to inform you that our Managing Partner, Mr. Myung-Shin KIM had the honor of receiving the Presidential Silver Tower Order of Industrial Service Merit on May 15, 2013. Since he established his firm in 1972, Mr. Kim has successfully dedicated himself to a very wide range of law-related activities such as enacting and amending relevant intellectual property laws, reforming a number of legal systems, including procedures of the Written Expert Opinion, publishing a number of written works, and giving lectures. In particular, he has been closely involved with establishment of the Korean Patent Court, revision of the Patent Attorneys Examination & Training System, publication of I. P. Case Law, and most recently, the enactment of the Korean Intellectual Property Framework Act, which is the core and fundamental law for the development of IP system as well as protection of Intellectual Property rights in Korea. Furthermore, he served as President of the Korean Patent Attorneys Association (1996-1998) and President of the Asian Patent Attorneys Association (2000-2003). During the service periods, he was dedicated to domestic and worldwide activities through Intellectual Property businesses. Presently, he is President of the I. P. Forum approved by the Korean National Assembly to lead a social and legal campaign for I. P. Innovation, and a member of the Presidential Council on Intellectual Property, which is the highest governmental organization on I. P. policy in Korea. In the Council, Mr. Kim acts as Chairman of the  I. P. Protection Experts Committee. In addition, Mr. Kim received the Presidential Bronze Tower Order of Industrial Service Merit in 1998, in recognition of his dedication in setting up the Patent Court in Korea, which is at the High Court level. We believe that all of these honors have been bestowed partly as a result of your continuous cooperation and advice. We want to express our gratitude for your valuable support.
은탑.jpg